Let's face it, buying a house can seem like a daunting experience, especially if it’s your very first time purchasing a home.
It's most likely going to be the most expensive item you’re ever likely to buy. But the process of buying a house is actually a lot easier than you might think – if done properly.
As a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) we're able to provide clear, impartial advice on buying and selling a home in Mid Wales and Shropshire.
Our team of property specialists here at Morris, Marshall and Poole have put together some top tips on what to do when buying your home.
Whether you're a first time buyer after an apartment or small home, or you're upsizing with a family, our tips can help prepare you for that important purchase.
1. Find a property that suits your needs and your pocket. Check out the neighbourhood where the property is in the day and evening.
2. Have you made arrangements for a mortgage? Before putting in an offer, make sure you have the adequate funds to cover the purchase and the means to pay the mortgage.
3. Before you agree a sale, make sure you know what you’re buying. Are the fixtures and fittings listed and included? Are the carpets included in the price or will you have to negotiate to buy them?
4. One you’ve agreed a sale “subject to contract” you will need to arrange a survey. We have a team of surveyors who can do this for you. Call one of our eight offices in Mid Wales and Shropshire for more details.
5. Have you arranged for a solicitor or conveyancer to deal with the sale? Ask them to provide you with a quote on how much their legal work is likely to cost. It can vary.
6. Sign and exchange contracts. Your legal advisor will carry out all the necessary work and searches on the property to ensure everything is okay. They will then contact you to sign and exchange contracts.
7. You’re moving. Make sure you remember to book the removal firm – or make a date for friends and family to help. It’s pretty straightforward.
And if you still think it’s a daunting experience, come in and talk to one of our property experts in Llanidloes, Newtown, Welshpool, Shrewsbury, Oswestry, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth or Tywyn. We have Mid Wales and Shropshire covered for all your property, land and agricultural sale needs.