So you’ve decided to sell your house and, obviously, you’ve chosen Morris, Marshall and Poole to undertake the sale on your behalf.
We’ll do all the hard work to get your home seen by the right people though our network of eight offices in Mid Wales and Shropshire.
But we’re often asked “what can I do to make it sell faster?”
There’s no hard and fast answer to this, but one of the important aspects of house selling is to ensure the property is just right for when a potential house buyer visits.
The moment they cross the front door they will have their first impression of the property and you want to ensure they form the right impression.
Here are some tips we suggest to customers about ensuring their home, whether large or small, is just right for when potential house buyers turn up.
• Ensure the front of the property is clean, tidy and welcoming.
• Clean and tidy each and every room.
• De-clutter. Make each room show off its space. Get rid of rubbish, large furniture and clutter. Why not store it somewhere else or even take it to a car boot sale?
• Don’t make it too clinical. Highlight the homely aspects of the property but don’t make it too personal.
• Paint some of the rooms with a light colour to show off the space.
• Undertake minor repairs. Fill cracks, repair cracked tiles, spruce up dark areas and add a bit of lighting.
• Clean everything. Give your house a good spring clean, no matter what time of year it is. Make it look and smell nice and fresh.
• Make sure the bathroom and toilets are clean. Place new or clean towels in them and remove personal items.
• Ensure your kitchen looks clean and tidy, with no limescale or stains. Maybe reface old cupboards.
• Clean your windows, inside and out.
• Light your fire or put the heating on during a cold day. But don’t make it too stuffy and hot.
• Make sure curtains and blinds look tidy.
• Spend some time in the garden. Get rid of weeds and cut the grass.
• Make it smell nice and welcoming, but don’t go over the top with air fresheners.
We could go on, but our specialist property team can offer more advice and inspiration on selling your house.
Why not give them a call at one of our eight offices in Newtown, Shrewsbury, Llanidloes, Oswestry, Welshpool, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth or Tywyn or visit www.morrishmarshall.co.uk.